Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Weight Loss Journey #2

Let me take a moment and backtrack. The point of this blog is to relay information about minority health, but its also to document all the ups and downs and the triumphs with trying to lose a substantial amount of weight. What I will try to is update every week on my success and failures and try to set better goals for the following week. Here were my goals for week 1:

Short Term
1. 2:30 min worth of exercising
2. At least 1 hour of very intense exercise and 1 1/2 hours of moderately intense exercise
3. No pork, beef, or alcohol in the diet
4. Avoid Fast food


Week 1:The day has come and gone! May 10 is the day I kicked off my new diet/exercise plan. Also starting this week is the Annual National Woman's Health Week and the Woman Challenge '09 (May 10-July 4). The good news is I was able to do about 30 min on the elliptical and I stuck to my no pork, beef, and alcohol. But I indulged in fast food a couple times. Over all I am happy, but I need to get more time in the gym. Its so important to maintain and track your goals. Losing weight is process and it going to take time and ton of work. You can't progress unless you know where you started and where you are heading.


No comments:

Post a Comment